The Series 61 Direct Drive Upblast Roof Ventilator meets the need for an economical, yet efficient upblast roof ventilator. The unit combines the Hartzell panel fan concept with a windband and butterfly damper. Dampers open automatically when the fan goes on and close weathertight when the fan is shut down. When the unit is in operation, the force of the discharge air effectively prevents the entry of rain or snow.
“H” (heavy industrial) duty construction features motor supports welded to the fan panel. The steel motor base and supports are oversized to provide structurally rugged construction. “H” duty is available in sizes 12 to 84".
Series 61 are stocked and available for shipment in 48 hours or less as part of the Rapid Ship program (five-day shipment if accessories are required.)
The unit’s windband effectively prevents wind resistance against the operation of the ventilator. A removable windband for ease of maintenance of motor and drive assembly is standard through 60".
Semicircular damper lids at the base of the windband are mounted on corrosive-resistant, stainless steel rods which turn in nylon bearings. Bearings will not rust or stick, and require no lubrication. Lids open automatically when the fan turns on and close weathertight when the fan shuts off.
Additional Series 61 features:
- Cast aluminum airfoil propeller
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled motors
- Extended lubrication tubes from bearings to exterior of fan housing is standard
- Sizes through 60" include powder-coated, galvannealed, weather-exposed components
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install (stack cap is shipped separately for sizes 66 through 84")
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available